Early Childhood Special Education
Early Childhood Development and Referral
If you have questions about your child's development, please contact us at 651-653-3100 and we will assist you in seeking help.
The following services may be available to you:
- Help Me Grow north suburban office, serving the White Bear Lake Area School District, at 651-604-3700
- The Minnesota Department of Education Help Me Grow program, at 1-866-693-GROW (4769)
Contact for additional information about Early Childhood Special Education:
- Angela Drange Supervisor, Early Childhood Special Ed Program
Birth - Three
This program is for infant to 3-year-old children with developmental delays.
While all young children grow and change at their own rate, some children experience delays in their development. Little Learners, an Early Intervention Service, offers support and referral services designed to meet the unique developmental needs of each child and their family. Accessing services as early as possible will ensure the best developmental outcomes for your child.
Special Education Services are provided to children between the ages of birth to five years. Most birth to three year old children are seen at home by teachers and specialists from Early Intervention Alliance. Three to five year old services may include some or all of the following:
- Integrated classroom options
- Speech/Language, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy
- Home visits/Community Resource Information
- Multi-disciplinary educational assessments